Sorce: Elijah Interfaith Institute
- Praying Together in Jerusalem is taking place this Thursday November 17 at 5:00 pm Jerusalem time and you are hereby invited to join us.
- We will be meeting in-person at St George's College, location link:
- and also online via Zoom.
- We will learn from scholars about the Hindu and Sikh Holy Days.
- Local leaders will then lead us in prayers for peace from Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
Save your spot on Zoom by signing up here.
Thursday, November 17 at 5:00 pm Jerusalem time (Please note that we are meeting an hour earlier than usual throughout the winter)
- 10 am ET time
- 7 am Pacific time
- 3 pm UK time
- 4 pm Central European time
- 5 pm Israel time
- 8:30 pm India time
Lectures on Sikh and Hindu holy days will be held by:
- Gurinder Singh Mann, US (Sikh)
Gurinder Singh Mann is a Punjabi-American scholar and professor of Sikh studies, and the author of multiple books on Sikh religion and society. He is currently the director of the Global Institute for Sikh Studies in New York.
- Shrivatsa Goswami, India (Hindu)
Shrivatsa Goswami is a Hindu teacher of global note, located in Vrindavan, India, where he is priest in Radharaman Temple, in the city most noted for the worship of Lord Krishna. He is also a member of the Elijah Board of World Religious Leaders.
Live prayers will be offered by:
- Mohammed Dajani (Muslim, Jerusalem [Al-Quds])
- Fauzia Chanda (Muslim, Canada)
- Rev. Richard Sewell (Christian, Jerusalem)
- Hanna Yaffe (Jewish, Jerusalem)